Re: MAJOR PROBLEM WITH SPARC CDS

On Tue, Jun 29, 1999 at 11:56:06AM -0400, Johnie Ingram wrote

> "Steve" == Steve McIntyre <stevem@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:
>
> Steve> This is a mess. And it means the sparc CDs we gave away at the
> Steve> Linux99 event last weekend are potentially badly broken. Is
> Steve> there any reason for the stable release tp have sym-links into
> Steve> unstable at all???
>
> Hm, doesnt the CD generation process automatically hardlinkify
> symlinks outside the working tree?  If not, it'd be a useful feature
> that would work around this.
>
> 		netgod

My own CD generation scripts handle this.  I have a line like:
	cd $(TMPDIR)/source/$*/main/debian/dists/; \
	find . -type l -lname "../../../*" \
		-printf 'ln -f $(ARCHIVE)/dists/%h/%l %P\n' | /bin/sh

to replace symlinks to other dists (but not between binary-$(ARCH)/*/*
and binary-all/*/*) with hard links.

John P.
--
huiac@camtech.net.au