Re: MAJOR PROBLEM WITH SPARC CDS

On Tue, 29 Jun 1999, Johnie Ingram wrote:

>"Steve" == Steve McIntyre <stevem@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:
>
>Steve> This is a mess. And it means the sparc CDs we gave away at the
>Steve> Linux99 event last weekend are potentially badly broken. Is
>Steve> there any reason for the stable release tp have sym-links into
>Steve> unstable at all???
>
>Hm, doesnt the CD generation process automatically hardlinkify
>symlinks outside the working tree?  If not, it'd be a useful feature
>that would work around this.

It already does, but I made the assumption that we'd only ever be linking
_backwards_, as that's the way releases have worked previously. Linking
forward into the _unstable_ tree is IMNSHO ludicrous.

--
Steve McIntyre, Allstor Software         smcintyr@allstor-sw.co.uk
Getting a SCSI chain working is perfectly simple if you remember that there