Re: Releasing Slink (was Re: Please add new version of Release-Notes)

Michael Scmitz writes:
>Christian T. Steigies wrote:
>> > 3. On Friday final images are made for each of the release architectures.
>> >    I can do i386 and source, we need volunteers for m68k, alpha and sparc.
>> >    Let us know ASAP if you can help. Steve, you willing to do sparc still?
>> >    In theory, one person could do all of them, but in practice this just
>> >    does not work. And these need to be sanity checked before we pronounce
>> >    them ready to go.
>> I have uploaded to my account on master (cts) a file debian_cd_1.tar.gz
>> which should go into the root directory of the 1.st m68k disk, making life a
>> little easier for amiga users by providing icons for the most wanted files
>> and drawers. We also had a problem with amiboot (not executable), which,
>> according to Chris, might be solved by mastering with mkhybrid -R instead of
>> -r.
>> Im not the m68k image maintainer, AFAIK we still dont have an image
>> maintainer... but we need an image!
>
>Chris has posted a short summary of things to be done for the /install
>section of the first CD image. He's not posted a script to do all this
>(probably got trashed with his filesystem).

I got one script from him a while back, in python, called install-disks.
I've rewritten it in sh to make my life easier...

>If Steve could make the m68k images, I'd be happy to forward that list,
>and try to write a script that brings the Mac booter and preferences files
>in a format suitable for mkhybrid.

Hmmm, OK. What needs to be done for that?

>At the _very_ least, we'll need the plain CD images without the /install
>tree (everything is in disks-m68k already, just not unpacked and ready to
>boot)

OK, this must be the right script then. I am currently capable of
producing an m68k with /install and lots of stuff done for
amiga,atari,mac,vme under that. So you just need to tell me the extras the
mac needs. At the moment the relevant bit of the boot-m68k script looks
like

===
vecho Installing Amiga files
lha xqf $DISKSROOT/amiga/amigainstall.lha
mv debian amiga
mv debian.info amiga.info
cp $DISKSROOT/amiga/* amiga

# Needs to be executable
chmod a+x amiga/amiboot-5.6

# Add .info files for amiga
tar -C .. -xzf $BASEDIR/cts_amiga_info.tar.gz
for file in `tar tzf $BASEDIR/cts_amiga_info.tar.gz`
do
        chmod a+r ../$file
done

vecho Installing Atari files
lha xqf $DISKSROOT/atari/install.lzh
mv debian atari
cp $DISKSROOT/atari/* atari

vecho Installing Mac files
tar -C .. -zxf $DISKSROOT/source/macinstall.tar.gz
cp $DISKSROOT/mac/* mac

for TYPE in common bvme6000 mvme162 mvme167 source
do
        vecho Installing $TYPE files
        mkdir $TYPE
        cp $DISKSROOT/$TYPE/* $TYPE
done

vecho hexbin Mac files
cd $INSTALLDIR/mac
hexbin *.hqx

vecho Installing m68k FAQ and tools
mkdir $CDROOT/tmp
cd $CDROOT/tmp
tar xzf $BASEDIR/m68k-cd-misc.tar.gz
mv m68k-faq m68k-tools ..
mv update-kernels ../update-kernels.m68k
cd ..
rm -rf foo
===

>using mkhybrid (the version from potato; the slink version seems to
>have a problem according to Chris).

I'm using a hacked-up mkhybrid anyway that as far as I can tell is working
OK. Due to problems last night I haven't got the m68k test images done
yet, but I'm just about to start.

--
Steve McIntyre, CURS CCE, Cambridge, UK.         stevem@chiark.greenend.org.uk
home page</a>                          Cthulhu - Why vote for the Lesser Evil?