Re: CDs: where are we up to?

Loic Prylli writes:

> > >1. Fixes needed for each set allowed in Tue, Wed, Thu and then _no more
> > >   uploads_ for any reason. At all. None.
> >
> > We've had some fixes going in; we need to decide on actions for the
> > remaining missing/broken packages that have been flagged. Where are we on
> > each platform right now?
>
>For Alpha, some important new packages have been put in incoming
>yesterday, there probably still some dependencies broken, if nobody
>fix them soon, we will ask that the problematic packages be removed.

OK... This is going to have to be done quickly. Like today. I'll be trying
to build a set of test alpha images at work this afternoon, I'll forward
the results.

> > >2. Starting _now_ we have people building CD images for each platform.
> > >   These will need to be re-done again later as uploads are made, but we
> > >   need feedback _now_ if there are any missing packages or other CD image
> > >   problems.
> >
> > I've seen some feedback here, but not very much...
>
>There is new set of install disks for Debian/Alpha available, it
>should go in the archive soon, I will send separately a new slink_cd
>patch for Alpha. All we needed to have a bootable CDROM is now
>implemented in this stuff, and if no annoying bug is found, they can
>be the definitive one.

OK, sounds good.

> > >3. On Friday final images are made for each of the release architectures.
> > >   I can do i386 and source, we need volunteers for m68k, alpha and sparc.
> > >   Let us know ASAP if you can help.. Steve, you willing to do sparc still?
> > >   In theory, one person could do all of them, but in practice this just
> > >   does not work. And these need to be sanity checked before we pronounce
> > >   them ready to go.
> >
> > OK, I'll have i386 and source covered. Steve Dunham has sparc covered
> > (thanks!). M68k/alpha? Anybody? If it comes to the crunch I can _possibly_
> > do these, but I will have no way to test them.
>
>Looks like I send too late to Philip Hands the request for an account
>on cdimage.debian.org, so someone else will have to generate the Alpha
>part.

Try Glen (cc:ed) - he's in charge of open at the moment...

--
Steve McIntyre, CURS CCE, Cambridge, UK.         stevem@chiark.greenend.org.uk
home page</a>                          Cthulhu - Why vote for the Lesser Evil?