Re: Releasing Slink (was Re: Please add new version of Release-Notes)

Steve McIntyre wrote:
> >Chris has posted a short summary of things to be done for the /install
> >section of the first CD image. He's not posted a script to do all this
> >(probably got trashed with his filesystem).
>
> I got one script from him a while back, in python, called install-disks.
> I've rewritten it in sh to make my life easier...

May be all we need, then.

> >If Steve could make the m68k images, I'd be happy to forward that list,
> >and try to write a script that brings the Mac booter and preferences files
> >in a format suitable for mkhybrid.
>
> Hmmm, OK. What needs to be done for that?

I'll dig out the mail and the stuff I pasted into the boot-floppies
makefile
for that. Basically, it's just unpacking the Mac files so the resource
fork, data fork and finder info are kept separate. The guy who wrote the
basic description for that used AppleDouble format, and told us the
switches for
mkhybrid to make that work. I assume any other way of extracting these
files will work if the mkhybrid flags match.

I'll dig out the stuff later; have to start an experiment first.

	Michael