Re: Releasing Slink (was Re: Please add new version of Release-Notes)

Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> > 3. On Friday final images are made for each of the release architectures.
> >    I can do i386 and source, we need volunteers for m68k, alpha and sparc.
> >    Let us know ASAP if you can help. Steve, you willing to do sparc still?
> >    In theory, one person could do all of them, but in practice this just
> >    does not work. And these need to be sanity checked before we pronounce
> >    them ready to go.
> I have uploaded to my account on master (cts) a file debian_cd_1.tar.gz
> which should go into the root directory of the 1.st m68k disk, making life a
> little easier for amiga users by providing icons for the most wanted files
> and drawers. We also had a problem with amiboot (not executable), which,
> according to Chris, might be solved by mastering with mkhybrid -R instead of
> -r.
> Im not the m68k image maintainer, AFAIK we still dont have an image
> maintainer... but we need an image!

Chris has posted a short summary of things to be done for the /install
section of the first CD image. He's not posted a script to do all this
(probably got trashed with his filesystem).

If Steve could make the m68k images, I'd be happy to forward that list,
and try to write a script that brings the Mac booter and preferences files
in a format suitable for mkhybrid.

At the _very_ least, we'll need the plain CD images without the /install
tree (everything is in disks-m68k already, just not unpacked and ready to
boot), using mkhybrid (the version from potato; the slink version seems to
have a problem according to Chris).

	Michael