Re: Slink Readiness?

     This is a terminology problem.  The upgrade-i386 directory
relates to upgrading libc5 systems to libc6.  The directory was
originally created for the bo/hamm upgrades, when _all_ upgrades were
libc5/libc6.  Several weeks ago, I asked the ftp maintainers to put my
stuff in a directory called upgrading_old_systems, but they preferred
to keep the /upgrade-i36 directory.  I wanted to change the directory
name to reduce potential confusion, and because the binary and source
packages of apt_0.1.8 (compiled for hamm) are in /upgrade-i386.  This
will be a source of confusion, since the README-upgrade refers to
apt_0.1.4.bo in the same directory.

     The .changes file for apt_0.1.8 says:

   * hamm (Debian 2.0) build of apt 0.1.9. This should go into
     the "upgrades" directory of slink before its release to
     facilitate the upgrade from hamm to slink.

     There should be two different "upgrade" directories in slink,
with different names, but I don't know how to make this happen.

     In Release-Notes, "upgrade" refers to an upgrade from hamm to
slink, and would apply to old systems after they upgraded to libc6
using cd_autoup.sh.

Bob