Re: slink_cd 1.03

Chris Lawrence wrote:
> > Ok. provided you patch VME and Mac up to 2.0.36.
>
> Yeah... I meant we'd obviously drop the 2.0.33's for the ones that
> have 2.0.36 available.  Dunno if 2.2 is going to make it in or not
> (cfr thread on -devel).
>
> Anyway, I don't think there are *any* kernel-image packages in slink
> for Macs or VME... at least I don't have them here if they exist:

I don't care about anybody yapping about 2.2 on -devel. 2.2.0pre7 is broken
on
Mac (030 and 040) and Atari Falcon. Reported to linux-kernel, nothing
helped,
end of story. Unless Roman Z. or Jes care to fix it, 2.2 is a non-issue for
us.

> localhost /home/slink> find . -name 'kernel-image*'
> ./dists/slink/main/binary-m68k/base/kernel-image-2.0.33-amiga_2.0.33-10.deb
> ./dists/slink/main/binary-m68k/base/kernel-image-2.0.33-atari_2.0.33-10.deb
>
> If they're there, rsync didn't pick them up...

I've built a fake Mac kernel-image for local use. I've not had time to
go over the Mac kernel again to add some required updates, or make sure
that kernel image actually works on more machines than the Quadra 800.
And I'd like to get ethernet support in 2.0. Will need a bit more time,
please
be patient ...

I can upload the Mac kernel image stuff to my area on master but it's not
going into the archive without extensive further testing.

VME isn;t supported; there's no kernel, and no code to build boot floppies.
I don't do VME and I'm not going to add some speculative stuff just to
be able to claim 'we support it' (pun intended). This is Debian, after all.
We need a VME person to look into this.

> On another note, I've downloaded boot-floppies 2.1.5 (from incoming)
> and will try to figure out what's going on from there.  Did Adam
> incorporate your beta stuff from master?

I honestly don't know. If you succeed to make Amiga and Atari boot floppies
you're already half set.

My slice diff never made it off my disk, so either Stephane was smart enough
to do it himself or it won't build.

My 2.1.4 diff is on master if you need anything from it.

	Michael