Re: slink_cd 1.03

On Jan 21, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~stevem/DebianCD/
>
> Minor changes -
> 	the patch from last week
> 	cope with tecra boot disk automatically
> 	tiny docs update

Here's the changes I've come up with so far [sorry, no diffs]:

slink1.needed needs:
* xserver-fbdev
* {atari,amiga,mac}-fdisk
* {atari,amiga,mac}-bootstrap
  [amiga and mac don't exist yet, but they'll be needed whenever they
  are in the distribution]
* vmelilo

[Anything else essential for m68k that wouldn't be available by
default?  Michael?  Roman?]

slink1.useful needs:
* kernel-image-2.0.3[36]-{amiga,atari,mac,vme}
  [mac, vme and 2.0.36 images don't exist yet but will soon; if we do go
  with 2.0.36 images we'll probably drop the 2.0.33 ones]
* sendmail
  [I think someone else already mentioned this; it's a matter of
  preference but IMHO a lot of people will probably want to use
  sendmail as their MTA... it's the only MTA I ever can get to work
  right with my dialup setup]

Also, the -J switch to mkhybrid needs to be disable-able without
editing the slink_cd script.  IMHO Joliet support is non-essential
except on i386 (commentary about real OSes being able to understand
Rock Ridge (at least if they're > 8.3) deleted to save space).

du -s main/binary-m68k = 663551; so it will definitely be split over
two CDs.  And that doesn't include whatever disks-m68k will take up
plus contrib, non-free and non-US.

Chris
|       Chris Lawrence        |              The Linux/m68k FAQ             |
|  <quango@watervalley.net>   |    http://www.linux-m68k.org/faq/faq.html   |
|    Amiga A4000/060 with     |            Watch Babylon 5 on TNT           |
|     Linux/m68k 2.1.127      |   <*> http://tnt.turner.com/babylon5/ <*>   |