Re: Tasks and profiles for the debian-cd program

On Thu, 7 Jan 1999, Philip Charles wrote:

>On Thu, 7 Jan 1999, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>
>> OK, I've gone through these and the new version I'm working on will put
>> all the packages needed on the first CD, so these should work for people
>> taking only a single CD. Thinking further, I'll need to do some more work
>> so that the first CD will stand alone without also holding Packages files
>> referencing the others. That should be quite easy, though.
>>
>Cut**
>> And here's the big list I'm proposing to put in by default. The new
>> version of slink_cd will now use a list of files to _include_ on CD#1,
>> whereas it used to use a list of files to _exclude_ which would move to
>> CD#2. Beware!
>>
>> adjtimex
>> alsa-modules
>> alsalib
>Cut **
>
>This would be an additional list (slink1.useful) to be added to the basic
>list (slink1.needed)?

Yes, in fact exactly those filenames. Spooky! And the single_disk option
is now working too. I'm currently checking the list I've mad works for
dependencies using pkg-order. I'll merge in the patch for mirrors with >1
partition and then I'll be releasing v1.01...

--
Steve McIntyre, Allstor Software         smcintyr@allstor-sw.co.uk
Getting a SCSI chain working is perfectly simple if you remember that there