Re: slinkcd v 0.95

On Wed, 23 Dec 1998, Eric Delaunay wrote:

>Steve McIntyre wrote:
>>
>> The scripts should cope with just about any slink architecture now, so
>> those of you with other arches please grab it from
>>
>> http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~stevem/DebianCD/
>>
>> and try it out. Any breakages/comments, please tell me.
>
>Very good job, steve.
>I'm working on the sparc part to get the CDROM bootable, but it's hard to find
>a lot of disk space where to store the image(s) ;-((

*grin* Yes, I can sympathise with that.

>It's even hard to put the whole archive on one disk for cp -dPRl to work.
>I just have a few 1GB drives, so my Debian archive is split across them :-((
>I need either to reorganize it or to find a workaround...

What I've done locally is set up md across a few partitions and set up the
Debian partition on the md device for 10GB. I see Phil has done similar on
open. There's probably a workaround for not having all on the same
partition, but it'll take some effort.

--
Steve McIntyre, CURS CCE, Cambridge, UK.         stevem@chiark.greenend.org.uk
"Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky,                 +------------------