Re: kamp down

On 12 May 2018, at 09:15, Svante Signell <svante.signell@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2018-05-11 at 23:45 +0100, James Clarke wrote:
>> On 11 May 2018, at 23:29, Svante Signell <svante.signell@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Well, if I build packages and want them installed in the chroot
>>> .tar.gz used for building those packages, how to do that? And how
>>> to give back that package to be built the normal way? The clue for
>>> i386 is to build mpclib3 to make gcc-7 buildable: Can you tell be
>>> how to create an updated /srv/chroot/sid_kfreebsd-i386.tar.gz so
>>> that mpclib3 builds?
>>
>> As I've said multiple times now, you don't. Packages built by buildd
>> always use a clean copy of the tarball for their chroot; if you want
>> package A to use package B in its build, you have two options:
>
> Even if a clean copy is used every time the base system cannot be
> downloaded. Which packages are part of the base system: the kernel of
> course, and?

For a kfreebsd buildd chroot:

libacl1 adduser apt libapt-pkg5.0 libattr1 base-files base-passwd bash binutils
binutils-common binutils-i686-kfreebsd-gnu libbinutils build-essential bzip2
libbz2-1.0 libdebconfclient0 coreutils dash libdb5.3 debconf
debian-archive-keyring debianutils diffutils dpkg dpkg-dev libdpkg-perl
e2fsprogs libcom-err2 libcomerr2 libext2fs2 libss2 libexpat1 fakeroot
libfakeroot findutils libfreebsd-glue-0 libcam6 libgeom1 libjail1 libkiconv4
libkvm6 libsbuf6 libutil-freebsd-9 freebsd-utils cpp-7 g++-7 gcc-7 gcc-7-base
libatomic1 libcc1-0 libgcc-7-dev libgcc1 libgomp1 libquadmath0 libstdc++-7-dev
libstdc++6 cpp g++ gcc libgdbm-compat4 libgdbm5 libc-bin libc-dev-bin libc0.1
libc0.1-dev libgmp10 gpgv libgnutls30 grep gzip hostname init-system-helpers
libisl15 kfreebsd-kernel-headers libgssapi-krb5-2 libk5crypto3 libkrb5-3
libkrb5support0 libbsd0 libffi6 libgcrypt20 libgpg-error0 libidn11 libtasn1-6
libtirpc1 lsb-base liblz4-1 make mawk libmpc3 libmpfr4 libncursesw5 libtinfo5
libtinfo6 ncurses-base ncurses-bin libhogweed4 libnettle6 libp11-kit0
libpam-modules libpam-modules-bin libpam-runtime libpam0g patch libpcre3
libperl5.26 perl perl-base perl-modules-5.26 sed login passwd sysvinit-utils
tar tzdata bsdutils fdisk libblkid1 libfdisk1 libmount1 libsmartcols1 libuuid1
util-linux liblzma5 xz-utils zlib1g

>> 1. Upload (with a DD's signature) package B to the archive
>
> And I've asked you if you (or somebody else) can sign and upload
> packages I've built locally without any reply so far.

I don't recall being asked; if you have built packages I will happily check and
sign them.

>> 2. Build package A manually locally in a modified schroot session
>
> I've done that several times. But what's the meaning of that when those
> packages cannot be uploaded?

See above.

James