Re: kamp down

On 11 May 2018, at 23:29, Svante Signell <svante.signell@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2018-05-11 at 22:11 +0100, James Clarke wrote:
>> On 11 May 2018, at 21:58, Svante Signell <svante.signell@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>
> Well, if I build packages and want them installed in the chroot .tar.gz
> used for building those packages, how to do that? And how to give back
> that package to be built the normal way? The clue for i386 is to build
> mpclib3 to make gcc-7 buildable: Can yoy tell be how to create an
> updated /srv/chroot/sid_kfreebsd-i386.tar.gz so that mpclib3 builds?

As I've said multiple times now, you don't. Packages built by buildd
always use a clean copy of the tarball for their chroot; if you want
package A to use package B in its build, you have two options:

1. Upload (with a DD's signature) package B to the archive
2. Build package A manually locally in a modified schroot session

>>> (10:48:55 PM) srs: 4) make package build again for experimental:
>>> missing dependency on   libcwidget3v5 for aptitude.
>>
>> The rebuild of aptitude is (eventually) blocked by ruby2.5 failing to
>> build;
>> those test suite errors need investigating.
>
> Might be so, but that should not hinder libcwidget3v5 to be installed
> and aptitude to be installed and run??

In this case it does; since 0.5.17-9, libcwidget3v5 declares a Breaks on
older aptitude versions, and thus the latest aptitude needs to be built
before it is installable again. But if you follow the chain of what's
causing aptitude to not be built, you get to ruby2.5.

>> Like I said in private, I'm busy writing my master's dissertation
>> right now,
>> but once I finish I will turn to fixing these issues.
>
> Yes I know, therefore I asked if somebody else could step in.
> Additionally, I can help (and have the time) but without authority I
> cannot :(

The only things you lack are the ability to sign packages to upload and
issue wanna-build commands. You can still build things manually, debug
failing tests, submit patches for broken packages etc.

James