Re: back-mdb broken on kfreebsd-*

Control: tag -1 help

Hi debian-bsd,

On Sun, May 06, 2018 at 10:07:45AM -0700, Ryan Tandy wrote:
It looks like the LMDB backend is not working at all on kfreebsd-* and slapd just fails to start.

Starting test000-rootdse for mdb...
running defines.sh
Starting slapd on TCP/IP port 9011...
Using ldapsearch to retrieve the root DSE...
Waiting 5 seconds for slapd to start...
Waiting 5 seconds for slapd to start...
Waiting 5 seconds for slapd to start...
Waiting 5 seconds for slapd to start...
Waiting 5 seconds for slapd to start...
Waiting 5 seconds for slapd to start...
../../../tests/scripts/test000-rootdse: 66: kill: No such process

ldap_sasl_bind(SIMPLE): Can't contact LDAP server (-1)
Test failed
test000-rootdse failed for mdb
(exit 255)

Every 2.4.46 build failed this way on kfreebsd-amd64, while 2.4.45 built fine, so it looked like a straightforward upstream regression. Yet I can't reproduce this locally... in a qemu VM the tests are passing. Now I just installed the VM yesterday so it's possible I have some newer or different packages compared to the buildd chroot...

Anyone able to reproduce the failure, or provide any insight into what's happening on the buildd?

Thanks
Ryan