Re: HowTo Fork Debian? At first, just for fun... Plus a new home for kFreeBSD!

On 12 November 2014 20:14, Herbert Kaminski <herbert.kaminski@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> I think that is time to start working on a `Debian Fork`.
>
> Currently, there is no real need to 'fork' Debian to get a systemd-free
> installation. Just follow Erich Schubert's recipe (just ignore the rant)
> on http://www.vitavonni.de/blog/201410/2014102101-avoiding-systemd.html
> I tried it on a new installation of current Jessie, and it works here too.
> I even got a working XFCE desktop - OK, no gnome, but who cares ;-)
> If you really completely dump systemd, your selection of applications
> is slightly limited: e.g. no empathy, but there is more than one
> substitute.
>
> Regards,
>   Herbert
>
> --
> Herbert Kaminski   D-26122 Oldenburg

Hey Herbert, thank you for your reply!

If a fork isn't required, then, I'll prefer that option, no doubt.

What about "systemd-udev"? It seems that in the near future, it will
not work without systemd = PID1, so, we'll probably need `eudev` (or
another one), to be able to remain "sysetmd-free" real.

Thoughts?!