Re: HowTo Fork Debian? At first, just for fun... Plus a new home for kFreeBSD!

Hi,

> I think that is time to start working on a `Debian Fork`.

Currently, there is no real need to 'fork' Debian to get a systemd-free
installation. Just follow Erich Schubert's recipe (just ignore the rant)
on http://www.vitavonni.de/blog/201410/2014102101-avoiding-systemd.html
I tried it on a new installation of current Jessie, and it works here too.
I even got a working XFCE desktop - OK, no gnome, but who cares ;-)
If you really completely dump systemd, your selection of applications
is slightly limited: e.g. no empathy, but there is more than one
substitute.

Regards,
  Herbert

--