Re: Release sprint results - team changes, auto-rm and arch status

On 28/11/13 20:04, Niels Thykier wrote:
> kFreeBSD was a technology preview, and has not generated enough user
> interest to bring in sufficient install base to continue in this
> state.
>
> We will review this situation after 28th January 2014.
> Architectures still causing us concern at that point will join
> ia64 in no longer being considered for britney migrations and may
> be dropped from testing after a further period.

I'm unclear on what this means, or what should happen by that date to
ensure it is considered sufficient to continue in 'this state' (meaning,
a release architecture and considered for Britney migration?).

An obvious place for a porter assess their own compliance might be to
look the release team's policy document on this:

> [ARCH-POL] http://release.debian.org/jessie/arch_policy.html

but the only thing I see relating to the above, is "Users: ... at least
50" which is currently true of both kfreebsd-amd64 and kfreebsd-i386. as
demonstrated by popcon.

Steven Chamberlain
steven@pyro.eu.org