Re: Release sprint results - team changes, auto-rm and arch status

On 28/11/2013 21:49, Steven Chamberlain wrote:
> On 28/11/13 20:04, Niels Thykier wrote:
>> kFreeBSD was a technology preview, and has not generated enough user
>> interest to bring in sufficient install base to continue in this
>> state.
>>
>> We will review this situation after 28th January 2014.
>> Architectures still causing us concern at that point will join
>> ia64 in no longer being considered for britney migrations and may
>> be dropped from testing after a further period.
>
> I'm unclear on what this means, or what should happen by that date to
> ensure it is considered sufficient to continue in 'this state' (meaning,
> a release architecture and considered for Britney migration?).

Uhm I think we both may have misunderstood. Perhaps 'this state' just
means 'as technology preview'. I.e. normal QA requirements are no longer
waived because of preview status.

If that is the case, I think the kFreeBSD port is perfectly capable of
meeting these requirements. The system is quite robust already, in fact
I've used it in production environments several times (including
infrastructure for a major corporation which will remain unnamed), with
very satisfactory results.