Re: Network not recognised during install.

On Tue, August 28, 2012 8:19 am, Petr Salinger wrote:
>> In any  case we'd need someone who volunteers to work on that
>> (and much  luck to get this into Wheezy).
>
> And that is the tough part :-(

Also, for future reference, Seph. Zepherosa is currently writing drivers
for high throughput cards - Gigabit and 10 Gigabit - for DragonflyBSD.

He's chasing cards to write more, so if you have a handy connection or
two, e.g., universities or other cluster using organisations, it might be
an idea to check them out.

He's currently looking for:

10G PCI express NICs. SPF+, 10GbbaseT and CX4 are all O.K.
We don't need 10G SPF+ modules on the cards.

1000M PCI express NICs. 1000 baseSX or 1000baseT are O.K.
PCI-X or PCI32/64 ones are not needed.

Work that could benefit everyone.
Regards,

Weaver

--
"The truth is, there is no Islamic army or terrorist group
 called Al Qaida. And any informed intelligence officer knows