Re: Looking for an usb bootable installer and/or iso image

It seems that USB-booting a recent wheezy netinst ISO doesn't work.

For some reason when I try this, it falls back to booting a local hard
drive.  (I'm not sure if it is the BIOS doing that, or if GRUB itself is
chainloading or loading the config from the wrong drive;  it happens too
quickly for me to see messages on-screen).

Since I have GRUB on my hard drive, I was able to manually execute the
commands to boot the install image from the USB drive...

But when it reaches the 'installer components' stage (anna) it doesn't
seem to find the USB install media at /dev/da1, so then it's not
possible to proceed.

Steven Chamberlain