Re: GRUB2 and GNU/kFreeBSD (was: Re: GNU/kFreeBSD into the Debian archive (aka we need your help))

Am Montag, den 13.04.2009, 14:21 +0200 schrieb Felix Zielcke:

> Unfortunately even with `g_open (map[disk->id].device, 1)' it fails to
> open the device with errno = EPERM.
> And if I set write to 0 then of course grub-setup complains that it
> can't write to the device.
> Maybe I just upload a new grub2 version where at least grub-probe is
> fixed so others could play more easily around with it. Maybe it works
> for others.

Thanks to Robert pointing me to sysctl ("kern.geom.debugflags").
Adding 0x10 there solves the problem and doestn't cause any output at
all on the local console.
Patch for this sent to grub-devel
Now only /etc/grub.d/10_freebsd needs a bit modified for kfreebsd and
everything should work fine then.
--
Felix Zielcke