GRUB2 and GNU/kFreeBSD (was: Re: GNU/kFreeBSD into the Debian archive (aka we need your help))

Hi,

On Sun, Apr 05, 2009 at 07:29:00PM +0200, Robert Millan wrote:
> Recent versions of GRUB 2 can load the kernel directly.  Something like
> this I think:
>
>         freebsd                 /boot/kernel
>         freebsd_loadenv         /boot/devices.hints
>         set FreeBSD.vfs.root.mountfrom=ufs:ad0s1

Anyone managed to get the Debian grub maintainance scripts working
from inside GNU/kFreeBSD?

My recent try (just a few weeks ago) failed badly because grub-probe
(and therefore update-grub) expects harddisks to be block devices
while they are character devices under (k)FreeBSD.

		Regards, Axel
--
Axel Beckert - abe@deuxchevaux.org, abe@noone.org - http://noone.org/abe/