Re: [RFC] switch default kernel to 7.x based

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 10:19:27AM +0000, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> Aurelien Jarno dixit:
>
> >enabled ext2 support. Both have incompatible licenses (GPL v2 vs CDDL),
> >so that would mean disabling ext2 support. Any comments?
>
> I wonder why FreeBSD ext2fs code is GPL'd. Other BSDs have a UFS-based
> implementation under BSD licence. (It's slow though.)

I don't know why, but a grep GPL conf/files is really explict:

conf/files:     warning "kernel contains GPL contaminated csaimg.h header"
conf/files:     warning "kernel contains GPL contaminated emu10k1 headers"
conf/files:     warning "kernel contains GPL contaminated emu10kx headers"
conf/files:     warning "kernel contains GPL contaminated emu10kx headers"
conf/files:     warning "kernel contains GPL contaminated emu10kx headers"
conf/files:     warning "kernel contains GPL contaminated maestro3 headers"
conf/files:     warning "kernel contains GPL contaminated ext2fs filesystem"
conf/files:     warning "kernel contains GPL contaminated ReiserFS filesystem"
conf/files:     warning "kernel contains GPL contaminated xfs filesystem"

sys/gnu/fs/ext2fs/COPYRIGHT.INFO contains more details about ext2fs
support license.