Re: libproc bug? 2.4+ kernel w/o ELF notes?

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007, Aurelien Jarno wrote:

Yep I confirm this is a bug in libproc. It was fixed some times ago by
reading the kernel version from /proc/version (which was present at that
time only on linux), and considering a 2.0.0 kernel if it does not exists.

With the kernels 6.x, the linuxolator has been improved, so
/proc/version now exists and hold a version 2.4.

I think the patch has to be refined, I will try to have a closer look.
Anyway the message is actually harmless.

It is already reported in #378157, since today also with patch ;-)

Petr