Re: libproc bug? 2.4+ kernel w/o ELF notes? (was: Re: cyrus-imapd-2.2 under debian gnu/kfreebsd)

Just an FYI, based on something I saw in another thread, this is what I'm
seeing reported by /proc/version, which is where I'm guessing apt-get is trying
to determine things from?

t1:/usr/local/src# cat /proc/version
Linux version 2.4.2 (des@freebsd.org) (gcc version 3.4.6 [FreeBSD] 20060305) #4
Sun Dec 18 04:30:00 CET 1977
t1:/usr/local/src# uname -a
GNU/kFreeBSD t1.hub.org 6.2-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 6.2-PRERELEASE #5: Thu Jan 11
22:14:57 AST 2007     root@uranus.hub.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/kernel i386 i386
Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.00GHz GNU/kFreeBSD

Don't know if it helps any ...

- --On Friday, February 23, 2007 16:45:40 +0100 Sven Mueller <debian@incase.de>

> (top posting since I simply want the information below to be included
> for reference while reporting my new findings).
> Thanks to io.debian.net, I was able to determine that this error message
> is reported by /lib/libproc-3.2.7.so, but I'm not sure why or how the
> respective maintainer (either the procps maintainer or we cyrus-imapd
> maintainers) should fix that.
> Marc: Could you please have a look at the logs in /var/log/ and see what
> cyrmaster logs there when you try to start it?
> Regards,
> Sven
> Sven Mueller wrote on 21/02/2007 18:37:
>> Marc G. Fournier wrote on 21/02/2007 04:51:
>>> I just installed it using apt-get install, but it fails to run, and I can't
>>> seem to find any logging happening anywhere :(
>>># !/etc
>>> /etc/init.d/cyrus2.2 start
>>> Starting Cyrus IMAPd: 2.4+ kernel w/o ELF notes? -- report this
>>> 2.4+ kernel w/o ELF notes? -- report this (failed).
>> This looks as if the build scripts mis-identified the system as a Linux
>> 2.4 system or something along these lines.
>> However, to the best of my knowledge, nobody on the cyrus-imapd
>> packaging team has any BSD based system nor any experience with such a
>> system. I'm therefor CCing the debian-bsd mailinglist.
>> Dear debian-bsd contributors, you someone please assist us in locating
>> and eliminating this problem? Any help would be appreciated.
>> Regards,
>> Sven

- ----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (FreeBSD)