install system with pppoe (was Re: Starting with Debian/NetBSD)

> You should also look into the Debian/NetBSD install disks that were
> posted a bit back (check the archives). They're probably the easiest way
> to get a new system up and running, even minimally, unless you're
> experienced with working in system chroots already.

Thank you for this explanation.

After reading this, i tried to install from the disks, but unfortunately i
was stuck by thh combination of the following:

- only network install,
- i just have one PC with a DSL internet access.

I thought i could do it by escaping in /bin/sh, enabling pppoe by hand,
and downloading everything from the nearest ftp mirror. Sadly, the kernel
on the install disks is from the 1.5 series, and pppoe in-kernel was not
implemented at that time.

So here are my questions, hope they wont bother!

- is there a turnaround i did not think of (precision: buying a new PC is
not a turnaround :) ? Maybe i should take a look at Bochs?
- if not, will there be new install disks with pppoe in-kernel enabled in
a short/middle term?

thank you again,

PS: i tried a few times #debian-bsd on openprojects, and there did not
seem to be much activity on this channel. But maybe there is there another
channel elsewhere i could knock at too when i am looking for help?

Xavier de Labouret