Re: install system with pppoe (was Re: Starting with Debian/NetBSD)

On Sat, Sep 14, 2002 at 03:49:15PM +0200, Xavier de Labouret wrote:

> - only network install,
> - i just have one PC with a DSL internet access.

Ah, yes...

> I thought i could do it by escaping in /bin/sh, enabling pppoe by hand,
> and downloading everything from the nearest ftp mirror. Sadly, the kernel
> on the install disks is from the 1.5 series, and pppoe in-kernel was not
> implemented at that time.

It's actually CVS 1.6, but in any case...

> - if not, will there be new install disks with pppoe in-kernel enabled in
> a short/middle term?

I'll try to sort that out next week. I'm (still!) in the process of
moving, but I'll try to get my NetBSD box back up again and rebuild the
floppies with a new kernel. Do you need any extra userspace commands as
well?

> PS: i tried a few times #debian-bsd on openprojects, and there did not
> seem to be much activity on this channel. But maybe there is there another
> channel elsewhere i could knock at too when i am looking for help?

#debian-bsd is probably your best bet, but it does tend to be pretty
quiet.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@srcf.ucam.org