Re: dupload to archive

On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 12:46:48AM +0000, Matthew Vernon wrote:
> "Joel Baker" <lucifer@lightbearer.com> writes:
>
> [ls-lR.gz and md5sums.gz]
>
> > Probably - but debarchiver doesn't have hooks for calling other scripts when
> > it's done, either. I suppose I could try to hack something into the cronfile
>
> Oh, that's not very good. Probably worth a wishlist bug.

Probably so, yes.

> > itself. Just... ugly. And I have no idea what the 'indices' directory is...
> > or which directories get the ls-lR.gz (presumably you don't bother to repeat
> > it...)
>
> I *think* you just need to do
>
> ls -lR . | gzip > ls-lR.gz
> find . -type f -printf '%P\n' | xargs md5sum | gzip > indices/md5sums.gz
>
> Pass an argument to gzip for more or less compression/CPU usage. Run
> that once the debarchiver cron script's run.

I'll look into arranging this.

> > Uhm. Except the 'supported by dupload' criteria, which I guess is only a
> > convenience - but if I were going to hack on dupload, I'd probably just set
> > up an area where folks could upload via HTTP, which is far better supported.
>
> I thought dput was meant to have superseded dupload? Having said that,
> I still use dupload...

Is it? I'll look and see if it supports this.

> Or, given this is only a temporary archive until we get space on
> ftp-master, just require people to either drive sftp by hand or hack
> up a script to do it?

Mostly, this is only a problem because of the whole "don't put changes in
first or everything breaks" arrangement. dupload/dput manage that piece
automagically.

> > Granted. I don't object to mirrors in principle, just... I'd like some help
> > in the practical setup for this, since I'm not the main beneficiary.
>
> Well, I think I've given you the "code" you need now :)

Probably sufficient, yes. I'll look at what it takes soon.
lucifer@lightbearer.com              http://users.lightbearer.com/lucifer/