Re: Debian GNU/NetBSD webspace

On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 09:53:12PM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:
> One day, when the Hurd and BSD ports become more mature, we will definitely
> move the stuff from ports/ into linux-ports/ (or something like that) and
> create hurd-ports/ and bsd-ports/. Or perhaps ports/{linux,hurd,bsd}/.
>
> Until then, ports/netbsd/ should work. OK?

I have no problem with this; I was mistaken in believing that the Hurd
pages were at ports/hurd-i386/ rather than ports/hurd/. It is confusing
having the ports directory be a different name than the architecture
name, but now that I understand this, ports/netbsd/ is fine with me.

> Basically we need a list of people who will work on those web pages, in
> order to know whom to give the appropriate permissions to.

Well, for now just give permissions to me (jimmy) and Michael Weber
(michaelw). I'll take responsibility for copying the existing
debian-bsd.sf.net site over to www.debian.org, and Michael has agreed to
put up a little bit of information about his work on netbsd-alpha.  Most
of the active people aren't official Debian developers, but out of those
that are, SPEAK UP and let Josip and me know that you want to work on
the website.

> Once we agree on the location of your stuff, you do whatever you like in
> there, with some general Debian web site standard compliance.

We agree; see above.

> Be sure to read the web pages' web pages (heh) that Alfie pointed you to. We
> don't expect you to read all of it, but do read the introduction sections
> and at least skim over the rest. If you have any questions not answered
> there, don't hesitate to ask.

I have now read (most of) the relevant web pages. I look forward to
working on copying the debian-bsd.sf.net site tonight, in a few hours.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy@debian.org