Re: Put the source code up too !

On Mon, Jan 21, 2002 at 12:55:52AM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:

> Matthew, if you had not violated the GPL by distributing binaries
> without complete corresponding source code, Richard would probably
> have been in a much better position.  Consider your wrist slapped.

Indeed. My apologies for this - the source that I have is currently being
tarred up. I'm currently including the binaries in there since some of my
modifications were to the build-tree rather than the source, with the
consequence that if I do any sort of make clean some may get blown
away. I'll try to clean up these during the week.

> In fact, if you are unable to produce a `proper' Debian source
> package, then I think the GPL requires you to do as he suggests.
> Furthermore, in the early stages of a porting project access to other
> peoples' build trees can be very useful, and I'd recommend uploading
> them if you can even if you can also produce a proper source archive.

I'll upload the tarred build trees to
http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~mjg59/debian-netbsd/source once they've finished
compressing. It's likely to take a while for them all to appear due to the
speed of my uplink.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@srcf.ucam.org