Re: debian-compat on NetBSD-i386

On Wed, Jul 04, 2001 at 01:57:33AM -0500, GT wrote:
> Quoting Richard Tibbetts <tibbetts@MIT.EDU>:
>
> > Since it seems to have been coming up on the list lately, I did the
> > most extreme form of "interim packages" and replaced NetBSD's SuSE
> > based linux-compat with a debian-based on. [...]
>
> The last thing we want is a debian-compat package for NetBSD.

Let's not be hasty.  A debian-compat package for NetBSD could be
very useful as a transition aid.  If the package-building tools
built for GNU/Linux can be run on top of a binary debian-compat
library, then the project can concentrate on porting and packaging
the base packages, first, and leave "optional" stuff for later.

Nathan Myers
ncm at cantrip dot org