Re: Umm.. This is interesting..

On Wed, Jul 04, 2001 at 02:23:52AM +1000, Ian Miller wrote:
> | Sys64738 ( mjg59@vavatch.jesus.cam.ac.uk )

That's me. As I mentioned in my other message, I managed to get about half
of base running happily on FreeBSD without any emulation and had built a
few binary packages to replace some of the other important ones (the plan
was to build source packages containing them once I'd worked out just what
was needed to get the system working). Then the machine fell over 6 times
while attempting to build a properl Perl package (hardware issues) and I
replaced it with NetBSD. I'm about to start on the process again - it only
took a few hours to get to that stage under FreeBSD, so it shouldn't take
too long to get NetBSD into the same state.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@srcf.ucam.org