Re: At what time of the install process a script is executed with 'preseed/run'?

On 12/29/2021 4:35 PM, Holger Wansing wrote:
Hi,

Am 26. Dezember 2021 19:18:26 MEZ schrieb john doe <johndoe65534@mail.com>:
On 12/26/2021 5:44 PM, Holger Wansing wrote:

Am 26. Dezember 2021 17:30:03 MEZ schrieb john doe <johndoe65534@mail.com>:

Can someone confirm when 'preseed/run' is executed?

In other words, what is the best way to download and execute a script at
the end of the install process.

[...]

Actually I was more hoping for an equivalent of 'preseed/run' to the
'preseed/late_command'.
The late_command will not per default download the *.sh file.

The preseed/run part is documented in chapter B.5.3 "Chainloading of
preconfiguration files":
https://d-i.debian.org/manual/en.amd64/apbs05.html

So I guess this not a functionality to be executed at the end of
installation, it only makes sense somewhere at the beginning.

Thank you for this,

I guess you are refering to:

"
# Most flexibly of all, this downloads a program and runs it. The program
# can use commands such as debconf-set to manipulate the debconf database.
# More than one script can be listed, separated by spaces.
# Note that if the filenames are relative, they are taken from the same
# directory as the preconfiguration file that runs them.
#d-i preseed/run string foo.sh"

In the description text, to me at least, it is not clear at what stage
this command is executed!!! :)
Having played a bit more, I can confirm that this command is not
executed at the end of the installation process.

While I was looking to understand what was going on, I came across (1)
and this is where Ubuntu differs from Debian:

"on a web server. In this example, if the preseed file sets preseed/run
to /scripts/late_command.sh then the file will be fetched from
http://autoserver.example.com/d-i/focal/./scripts/late_command.sh.";

I would love to see a rewording of the above text which would clearly
state at what time the command is executed!!! :)

I realy appreciate your help.

1)  https://help.ubuntu.com/lts/installation-guide/s390x/apbs02.html

--
John Doe