Re: Closing the window for the l10n updates

Hi,

Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> wrote (Sat, 24 Jul 2021 02:03:35 +0200):
> Holger Wansing <hwansing@mailbox.org> (2021-07-23):
> > Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> wrote (Fri, 23 Jul 2021 07:11:44 +0200):
> > > From a quick look around, based on [1], it seems arcboot-installer has a
> > > non-l10n change but that seems harmless (Uploaders update); I'd rather
> >
> > arcboot-installer is no longer relevant for the bullseye release,
> > since it's mips arch, which is no release arch for bullseye (and this
> > is why I ignored that for months already), or did I miss something?
>
> You're absolutely right; maybe we should retire this package from the
> l10n machinery, so that it no longer shows up in translations.txt?

Will look into this.

> > > see partman-auto's recipe change *not* be included as I have no idea
> > > about the scope of this change. Branching bullseye at the last tag,
> > > cherry-picking l10n updates on top of it, and releasing from that
> > > branch would have my preference. If that's the only thing that seems
> > > fishy, I can take care of that particular upload if you'd like.
> >
> > The recipe changes in partman-auto seem to be powerpc-only, so it's
> > also not relevant for bullseye release, right?
>
> I wasn't sure initially, hence my pointing this out. Having built the
> package from the latest tag and from master, using -apowerpc and
> -appc64el respectively, I've confirmed that the contents do change for
> powerpc (which we can ignore) and don't change for ppc64el (which we
> would care about).
>
> So happy to see this one get uploaded too.
>

> Your recent uploads haven't made it to the mirrors yet due to some fun
> on the ftp-master side, I think; but hopefully I'll be able to hint them
> all when $sync happens. :)
>
> Thanks for the swift uploads!

I uploaded partman-base today, I needed to wait for yesterday's l10n-sync run,
to get the latest update for this one.

Holger

--
Holger Wansing <hwansing@mailbox.org>
PGP-Fingerprint: 496A C6E8 1442 4B34 8508  3529 59F1 87CA 156E B076