Re: serial console install issues, all the links of the chain

On Sun, Apr 11, 2021 at 10:05:22PM -0600, Raymond Burkholder wrote:
> On 4/11/21 8:37 PM, Richard Hector wrote:
> > On 11/04/21 11:51 am, Richard Hector wrote:
> > > Then finally, I can't remember how, I discovered that it didn't like
> > > displaying on a 24-line terminal, which most of the terminals I
> > > tried default to.
> > >
> > > With a 25-line terminal, it all seems useable - and Minicom mostly
> > > displays it ok too (not quite right; the blue box isn't quite drawn
> > > properly, and seems too low on the screen?
> >
> > Using Minicom, I found I have to use a 26-line terminal, because Minicom
> > displays a status line, so a 25-line terminal only leaves 24 lines
> > usable, and the same problems remain.
> >

>   ... I've never really had problems with 24 or 25 line issues.
> Maybe because of used putty or screen as the app for interaction.

Do we know the "path" that original poster is using?

Possible format for answer to this

 - APU device
 - 9-pin serial connector
 - null-modem, cross connects everthing
 - 9-pin serial connector
 - USB-Serial-Adapter
 - Linux computer
 - XFCE desktop
 - "terminal window", sized at 80x26 character
 - application `screen`
 - User

Regarding
Geert Stappers