Re: Merge request created [Re: Use isenkram to get around the firmware problem?]

Brian Potkin <claremont102@gmail.com> (2021-03-09):
> On Mon 08 Mar 2021 at 22:41:53 +0100, Holger Wansing wrote:
> > At the bare minimum, I have created a merge request for my
> > "introduce a dialog to enter packages for firmware installation"
> > approach, so it is at least officially documented somewhere...

I have no opinions on this yet…

> It has been said before that installing packages with late_command is
> a trivial matter. So why an additional dialog to add to the
> installtion process?
>
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2014/10/msg00320.html

… but that's really comparing apples and oranges.

Users may legitimately expect not to get a black screen after
installation (hence the need to improve over the amdgpu nightmare);
that's quite different from aversion towards systemd (in which case
“power users” can do whatever work is required to diverge from the
default).

Cheers,