Re: Use isenkram to get around the firmware problem?

On Sun, Mar 7, 2021, at 13:12, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> On 3/7/21 5:02 PM, Holger Wansing wrote:
> > I fear, all the above is out of my skills.
> >
> > And for the (graphics) firmware problem, isenkram is of no help as it seems,
> > at least for Bullseye.
>
> The issue is not a technical one, it's a license issue.

Not really.

It would be easily covered by adding the relevant metadata to a recommended non-free package (we tolerate that for firmware, and only for firmware).

This in no way requires shipping non-free data in the free installer. Nor does it install anything non-free unless non-free has already been previously enabled, and the system where it is running has hardware that would benefit from it.

--
  Henrique Holschuh