Re: Problem installing Debian on Dell XPS 13 9360 laptop

On 08/02/2021 22:08, Lou Poppler wrote:
On Mon, 2021-02-08 at 14:57 -0700, Lou Poppler wrote:

See https://www.dell.com/community/XPS/Pros-Cons-AHCI-vs-Raid-On-XPS13-9300-NVMe/td-p/7636984

Reading more on that page looks like you should not change the setting unless
you are prepared to re-install your Windows; but also looks like you cannot
install linux beside your Windows unless you _DO_ change the setting.
Can you backup and then restore your existing windows setup?

I have saved the Win-10 user data, but regard destroying and recreating Windows as something only to be attempted in the event of a machine failure, not simply my wish to experiment with Linux. That's why I bought an external HDD - idea was Linux goes on that, not touching Win-10 or the Win-10 user data on the SDD.

Best regards