Installing Debian Bullseye on Cubox-i4 with eSATA drive... "No kernel modules found"

On Thu, Jan 28, 2021, at 6:21 PM, Rick Thomas wrote:

> Next thing to test -- can I install bullseye the same way?

So I tried installing bullseye from [1] which, incidentally is dated Dec 2, 2020.  Isn't this kinda old for a "current" Bullseye?

It booted and the installer started, but when it got to "Download installer components" I got a red error screen.  I've attached a screenshot.

I'm guessing that "kinda old" is the problem.  The kernel on [1] is out of date with respect to the kernel(s) available on deb.debian.org ?

Where should I look for one that's more up-to-date?

[1] http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/bullseye/main/installer-armhf/current/images/netboot/SD-card-images/

Enjoy!
Rick