Re: Salsa

Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> (2018-05-09):
> AFAICS we still need to (in rough order):
>
>  1. Disable svn commits
>
>  2. Tweak the translation workflow to push changes to
>      d-i.git/packages/po, instead of d-i in svn.
>
>  3. Change the checkouts of d-i on the buildds etc. to use git?

I don't think we have svn checkouts anywhere but dillon. There's nothing
on buildds since we're building d-i from porterboxes. Thinking of it,
they need manual pointing to salsa, and I don't think latest builds
reflected what was in master… I'll go and do that now.

>  4. Update docs to point to the new repos
>
> Anything else?

Docs are a big part of this transition, especially for translators.
We'll need appropriate communication and possibly hand holding… That
might put a heavy burden on translation coordinators (see Christian's
fears regarding this big transition, and the historical reluctance to
moving off of svn).

Cheers,