Where can I find out more regarding debian-mac-testing-amd64-netinst.iso

Hello,

I've been given a recent macbook at work and have been trying to install linux on it. I run debian on my personal thinkpad. Anyhow I downloaded the weekly debian-mac-testing-amd64-netinst.iso and wrote it to a thumb drive using dd. However it doesn't boot. This same approach has booted other devices.

There isn't really any information regarding the debian-mac-testing-amd64-netinst.iso image. Is this the appropriate image and should I be able to write it using dd say from my linux desktop? If so is there another reason why it doesn't show up on the mac? Is there documentation or a maintainer to discuss with?

I hit option at boot but don't see it, and other isos have showed up when I tried this.