Re: Fwd: Fw: Re: Fw: Re: debian-installer: call to update translations - Greek

Hi all,

Apologies for the delay, it's a very busy period.
Regarding bootloader, there is actually a translation for that
"εκκινητής συστήματος", which is a common term even between amongst
other Other OSes. It's up to the translator, most people I know will
definitely make the connection with "bootloader", but there are some
that might not. That does not apply to every term, some terms must not
be translated, eg. compilation, even though there is a -totally unknown
to the average user- term : "συμπίληση". That's why a technical text
translation is not something that can be automated easily. I agree with
 Christian, it is all a matter of perspective, if you cater only to the
tech-savvy people, then there is no need to translate anything, but if
you want to target the average user -yes, even my mother who does not
want/cannot afford Windows- then it should be something that she would
at least be able to read.

I hope that was helpful.

Regards

Konstantinos

Στις 16-11-2017, ημέρα Πεμ, και ώρα 23:47 +0000, ο/η Sotirios Vrachas
έγραψε: