Re: Problem when installing stretch with btrfs

On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 05:19:14PM +0200, Pierre Couderc wrote:
>On 09/20/2017 04:38 PM, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>
>> Actually, that's not your problem. My best guess is that you've done
>> an installation booted in BIOS mode, not UEFI mode. That's why you've
>> got grub-pc installed rather than grub-efi-amd64. Do you actually care
>> about booting via UEFI, or are you just looking for a bootable system?
>> If the latter, simply reformat your ESP (/dev/sdb1) to be a normal
>> ext2 or ext3 partition and use that as /boot. You could even do a RAID
>> /boot using sdb1 and sdc1 together...
>>
>I am sure that my "bios" is UEFI.
>But I have done as you say, in case it exists an hypothetical  "BIOS mode" in
>UEFI :
>
>root@nous:~# grub-install /dev/sdb1
>Installing for i386-pc platform.
>grub-install: warning: File system `ext2' doesn't support embedding.
>grub-install: error: filesystem `btrfs' doesn't support blocklists.
>
>And it fails (as usual with a initramfs prompt)...

Sorry, should have been clearer. Try "grub-install /dev/sdb" to
install to the MBR of the disk, not the partition.

  Armed with "Valor": "Centurion" represents quality of Discipline,
  Honor, Integrity and Loyalty. Now you don't have to be a Caesar to
  concord the digital world while feeling safe and proud.