Re: Problem when installing stretch with btrfs

On 09/20/2017 01:01 PM, Steve McIntyre wrote:
On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 08:30:09AM +0200, Pierre Couderc wrote:
I am trying to install stretch on a computer with 2 btrfs disks and EFI.

Is there a howto to do that ? Did someone success ?

I get problems as soon as the partionning in debian installer. When I finish
the system does not boot.

What partitions do I need ? I understand that EFI needs an FAT32 EFP.
I've no idea about btrfs, but yes - you will need a FAT32 EFI System
Partition. If you use guided partitioning, d-i will set one up for you
automatically. If you're not doing guided partitioning, set one up
manually within d-i and you should be fine.

Well, that is the problem, d-i does not propose a FAT32 EFI partition, it proposes many things and a FAT32 partition but not a FAT32 EFI partition... So, after all trials I finish the install and fail to reboot. I can boot if I put again my install iso disk (a USB key SDA in this case) and I get :

Model: Generic Flash Disk (scsi)
Disk /dev/sda: 124GB
Sector size (logical/physical): 2048B/512B
Partition Table: mac
Disk Flags:

Number  Start   End     Size   File system  Name   Flags
 1      2048B   6143B   4096B               Apple
 2      1925kB  2351kB  426kB               EFI

Model: ATA Hitachi HUA72302 (scsi)
Disk /dev/sdb: 2000GB
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
Partition Table: msdos
Disk Flags:

Number  Start   End     Size    Type     File system  Flags
 1      1049kB  1000MB  999MB   primary  fat32        boot, esp
 2      1000MB  2000GB  1999GB  primary  btrfs

Model: ATA Hitachi HUA72302 (scsi)
Disk /dev/sdc: 2000GB
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
Partition Table: msdos
Disk Flags:

Number  Start   End     Size    Type     File system  Flags
 1      1049kB  1000MB  999MB   primary  fat32        esp
 2      1000MB  2000GB  1999GB  primary

I suppose I am not far, I need to transform my SDB1 in EFP, and install something on it (what..?).
An possibly do the same thing on SDC1, in case of failure of disk SDB.

Thanks
PC.