Re: Problem when installing stretch with btrfs

On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 01:29:22PM +0200, Pierre Couderc wrote:
>On 09/20/2017 01:01 PM, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>> On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 08:30:09AM +0200, Pierre Couderc wrote:
>> > I am trying to install stretch on a computer with 2 btrfs disks and EFI.
>> >
>> > Is there a howto to do that ? Did someone success ?
>> >
>> > I get problems as soon as the partionning in debian installer. When I finish
>> > the system does not boot.
>> >
>> > What partitions do I need ? I understand that EFI needs an FAT32 EFP.
>> I've no idea about btrfs, but yes - you will need a FAT32 EFI System
>> Partition. If you use guided partitioning, d-i will set one up for you
>> automatically. If you're not doing guided partitioning, set one up
>> manually within d-i and you should be fine.
>>
>Well, that is the problem, d-i does not propose a FAT32 EFI partition, it
>proposes many things and a FAT32 partition but not a FAT32 EFI partition...
>So, after all trials  I finish the install and fail to reboot. I can boot if
>I put again my install iso disk (a USB key SDA in this case) and I get :
>
>Model: Generic Flash Disk (scsi)
>Disk /dev/sda: 124GB
>Sector size (logical/physical): 2048B/512B
>Partition Table: mac
>Disk Flags:
>
>Number  Start   End     Size   File system  Name   Flags
> 1      2048B   6143B   4096B               Apple
> 2      1925kB  2351kB  426kB               EFI
>

>Model: ATA Hitachi HUA72302 (scsi)
>Disk /dev/sdb: 2000GB
>Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
>Partition Table: msdos
>Disk Flags:
>
>Number  Start   End     Size    Type     File system  Flags
> 1      1049kB  1000MB  999MB   primary  fat32        boot, esp
> 2      1000MB  2000GB  1999GB  primary  btrfs

sdb1 here *is* an EFI System Partition - that's what the esp and boot
flags mean.

I'm slightly worried by that "Apple" partition on sda - is this a Mac?

>Model: ATA Hitachi HUA72302 (scsi)
>Disk /dev/sdc: 2000GB
>Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
>Partition Table: msdos
>Disk Flags:
>
>Number  Start   End     Size    Type     File system  Flags
> 1      1049kB  1000MB  999MB   primary  fat32        esp
> 2      1000MB  2000GB  1999GB  primary
>
>I suppose I am not far, I need to transform my SDB1 in EFP, and install
>something on it (what..?).

What do you think an "EFP" is?? ESP is the normal name.

You lock the door
And throw away the key
There's someone in my head but it's not me