Re: How to use a local Debian mirror when installing with preseed (PXE)?

On Fri, Sep 02, 2016 at 09:08:53PM +0200, Frank Thommen wrote:
> There are no more server logs than the apache/webserver logs.
>

> >Then a run with d-i installer. Watch the _server_ log.
>
> You mean run an installation?  I did that.  No errors in the Apache server
> log of the mirror at all.  There were sucessful downloads of
>
> /dists/stable/InRelease (Not Found)
> /dists/stable/Release.gpg (OK)
> /dists/stable/Release (OK)
>
> but in fact there were two error messages (HTTP 416) in the access log for
>
> /dists/stable/main/binary-amd64/Packages.xz
> /dists/stable/main/i18n/Translation-en.bz2
>
> Manual download of these files works fine and they seem ok.  I'll redo the
> installation and recheck next week.
>

> >Try to catch the '502' from above.
>
> There was no such error in the server logs.  Only in the installer log
> (/var/log/installer/syslog).  I have no idea, where this could come from.
>

> >Debug hint: have in the install client the "ALT F4 logging terminal" open.
>
> I had this open and DEBCONF_DEBUG=5 is set.  Too much stuff scrolling by,
> but everything seems to be in /var/log/installer/syslog.  That's where I
> took the messages cited in my original post.

502 errors are usually issues on the server to do with mod_proxy or
similar.  Do you have that installed?  Are you actually using a proxy
for anything useful in apache on that server?

And did you check all the apache log files?  As far as I recall it tends
to write to 3 different log files for different things.

Some people have had issues with php and nginx giving that error, but
you said you were using apache, so hopefully you are.

--
Len Sorensen