Re: How to use a local Debian mirror when installing with preseed (PXE)?

On Thu, Sep 01, 2016 at 06:24:16PM +0200, Frank Thommen wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm currently setting up an unattended, PXE-based network installation of
>Debian with preseeding.  We also have a complete local Debian mirror for
>inhouse use.  However I haven't found a way to configure the installer to use
>this mirror instead of one of the official Debian mirrors (and takes
>accordingly long) for downloading the packages.  I have set
>
>d-i apt-setup/local0/repository string  http://our.debmirror stable main
>
>in the preseed file but the installer doesn't seem to download any files from
>there a part from some index files (Packages.xz, Translation-en.bz2 ecc.)
>
>How can I preseed our local mirror as primary/only installation source?

Is your local mirror a complete mirror with signatures on the Release
file etc.? It could be that the installer is discounting it if
not. Check the syslog in the installer to see what apt says about the
mirror.

  Mature Sporty Personal
  More Innovation More Adult
  A Man in Dandism