Re: Next d-i alpha release: late June

Karsten Merker <merker@debian.org> (2016-06-28):
> On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 09:49:02AM +0200, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:
> > On 2016-06-27, Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> wrote:
> > > Vagrant Cascadian <vagrant@debian.org> (2016-06-27):

> > Uploaded u-boot 2016.03+dfsg1-6 a few moments ago. Please test away to
> > make sure it actually fixes the issues!
>
> I have run some short tests on an A20-Lime2 - with 2016.03+dfsg1-6
> it doesn't hang anymore during boot, so the patch works as
> expected. I'll try to find time for some further tests later this
> evening.
>
> There is some other (not necessarily u-boot-related) issue with a
> locked i2c bus on poweroff (but not on reboot), but that doesn't
> prevent the system from being used normally, so that is nothing
> that should prevent us from doing a new d-i alpha release.

Thanks for your tests.

Do you happen to know if u-boot only needs to be in unstable as
mentioned by Vagrant, or if we need to have bits in testing as well?
I suspect flash-kernel might install or do stuff with u-boot things
so it might make sense to urgent u-boot into testing for the release?
Or am I totally off?

KiBi.