Re: Next d-i alpha release: late June
On Sat, Jun 25, 2016 at 12:22:14AM +0200, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> I've just checked with Ben, it seems we could be getting a 4.6 kernel
> suitable for testing (no regressions reported from previous version +
> mips* FTBFS fix) shortly. We could think about urgenting it into testing
> and releasing a new d-i early in the week, which seems OK on the -cd
> side too.
> Glibc maintainers (esp. Aurélien): you should then have a clear path for
> the new glibc in unstable. I'm not sure how much time it'll need to be
> ready, that's why I'd slightly prefer if we could go for a d-i release
> first (as outlined above). In case major blockers pop up, we would
> probably let you go ahead with the new glibc upload and postpone d-i
> until glibc reaches testing.
> Having checked with -release already, I'm freezing udebs right away.
on armhf we currently face some u-boot-related problems. U-Boot
2016.03 (in unstable and testing) causes kernel hangs under certain
conditions on a number of sunxi platforms. These issues are fixed in
u-boot v2016.05 (latest official release), but v2016.05 has brought
new regressions on the am57xx_evm and firefly-rk3288 platforms, so it
cannot go into the archive as is. For details, please refer to
I would be good to have the u-boot issues fixed before we publish the
next d-i release. A possible option would be to backport commit
affa020559bca31d6531e19cb1f009c22705a73d from u-boot 2016.05 to
u-boot 2016.03 and to urgent the result into testing before doing the
d-i release (CCing Vagrant Cascadian, the u-boot maintainer).
Kibi, Vagrant: what's your opinion on the topic?
Gem. Par. 28 Abs. 4 Bundesdatenschutzgesetz widerspreche ich der Nutzung
sowie der Weitergabe meiner personenbezogenen Daten für Zwecke der
Werbung sowie der Markt- oder Meinungsforschung.