Re: joining the team

On 23 April 2016 at 02:57, Christian PERRIER <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:
> That's welcomed. The team, nowadays, is a bit small and most active
> members have other commitments, either in Debian...or in many things
> in RL, that makes the life of the team a bit less active than it has
> been.

Thank you  :-)  In the long-term, I'm not sure I'll have the time to
do more than work on a very specific niche with very specific goals.

> So, new energy and contributions are much welcomed. I kinda witnessed
> your work on btrfs from far away and I thinnk the best to do is to
> apply (on Alioth) for commit access to git so that you can directly
> work on components where you'd like to see improvements.
>
> On behalf of the "team admins" (which shrinks to Cyril and /me) I
> encourage you to do so.

Hi Christian!  Yes, I remember you replied to my partman-btrfs RFS,
concerning the rename of btrfs-tools to btrfs-progs.  From what I
gather, you prefer changes to be submitted with git, and Philipp Kern
prefers diffs.  As a result, I'm not sure what I'm I should be
using...  Also, is it a problem to publish Debian work on github?
I've read that it is non-free, and wonder if I shouldn't be using it;
it seemed like the only way to give you a git tree to pull from when I
only have RO access to debian-installer on Alioth.

Best regards,
Nicholas